Re: Debian install instructions

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 06:16:54AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Christian T.;
>
> Using KDE there.  Kinstall is supposed to be able to handle much of
> that with multiformat inputs, but midnight commander is the 'swiss army
> knife' of rpm's there.  Can that be compiled on 68k?
you can compile everything, but what exactly are you looking for, KDE or mc?
mc is there, KDE needs qt, qt can be compiled, but doesnt work (is non-free,
etc) -> no KDE on m68k right now, unless somebody starts to fix qt (nope,
not me, no time for that right now, KDE should switch to qt2, I consider
working on qt1 right now as a waste of time, but somebody else might have
plenty of time...).

> Is potato about ready, and if so, is there an ISO someplace?  I've got a
> burner now.
nope.
not yet, see www.debian.org for image locations.
excellant, me too.

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz