Re: Finally got my Debian system setup...

Hi,
Bruce wrote:

> Also, please look over the basedisks.sh script in the boot-floppies package.
> That will generate the minimal root needed to bootstrap a system, and will
> pack it into a tar file. This will need some modification for the 68k,
> mostly just changing the package list that it uses.

I started working on this yesterday. After a few modifications, basedisks.sh
almost runs through, but currently I have problems with the point
where /proc is mounted a second time in a chroot()ed environment. I just
get a segmentation fault here, I'll look into it. Patches will be
sent out soon. I hope the coming weekend will yield a lot of progress
(we're holding a Linux/m68k programmer's meeting here in Oldenburg).

> I'd also be interested in having you look over the rootdisk.sh script.

That will be the next step once the bases sytem (and probably already a
few other things) works ok.

Frank

PS: I really _did_ send off the util-linux patches to Guy (on Tuesday
instead of Sunday, sorry - had a disk read error). I did, however,
not send it to the bug reporting system because of its size (around
60 KBytes). I think  Guy should soon release a new util-linux which
will then compile out of the box on m68k.