Warning: don't use new libs with old ld.so! (was: Re: libc)

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, llucius wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I search the 'normal' (newest) libc-5.xxxx on master in Incoming. It
> > isn't there!! Pic, dev and debug are there, but not this one!
> >
> It's already been moved to unstable/binary-m68k/base

don't use the newer libs from Leland, if you still have installed
the ldso_1.7.14-1. this ld.so does not contain andreas' old patch so
it doesn't recognize the libs which are build useing the newer binutils.

phu, i thought i would never find the error when my machine started to
bomb on perl and /bin/sh. fortunately i had an old statically linked
bash at hand... :-))

I will upload a new ldso this weekend (if Leland hasn't already
uploaded one :-))

ciao
jjm

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 289 - 22387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!