Re: Meeting minutes: 2015-02-25 19:30 UTC

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:06 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
also sprach Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> [2015-02-26 10:52 +0100]:
> > Yeah. Maybe needs a bit more to give an understanding of the general
> > UI approach, and maybe you could hint at how you plan to integrate
> > summit? Or whatever solution you are going to try to push.
> no idea. Superfly is pushing this. May be worthwhile to see what dc15
> is doing, develop together... What's the timeline required here?

You're early. DC15's website is pretty much done and I'm afraid
we'll be stitching summit into it, like DC14 had to do. This is
awful, but we're too late to do anything about it. You aren't, so
I suggest to get started ASAP if you have the time and energy.
Last word on websites: KEEP IT SIMPLE. Beautiful websites are like beautiful women. Don't regret them. (that http://in2015.mini.debconf.org/ is pretty, does it work?) I'm equally reserved on getting a professional to do it properly, due to feature drift. Anyways. I would say this is one of the main things for the early timeline, websites are sooo difficult and time-consuming.
We can discuss this in following meetings.

> > Ok. Phew. For a second I really got scared.
> Heh. Look, dc15 is priority for you now. Don't stretch too far,
> we're doing ok here. I don't want you to burn out!!

Don't worry. But let me get scared in my role as dc-orga member if
we had just picked a bid without a venue for another 13 months! ;)
bwahaha, that would have been a dropped bomb, yes.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

above all, we should not wish to divest