Re: Status on sponsorship brochure

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 09:32:47PM +0200, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 9:20 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> > On that basis, we should as a team decide what we want, and if we
> > want a job fair, then the question ought to be "we will have one,
> > here is what we think, please let us know what you think", rather
> > than "do you think a job fair is a good idea".
>
> Good point.

Yep. We should phrase it as "we have this idea and want to try it" to not
to sound like "we want to change debconf in a basic level".

> So, for team-internal consensus, I am in favour of both job corner and
> stands with the understanding that we flesh out the plan and present
> it before making a final decision.

I'm in favour as well. How do we want to proceed? Especially concerning the
broschure.
If we're doing the job fair we need to mention it in the broschure, so we
should come up with a plan quickly otherwise the whole thing gets delayed.

Points I gathered so far for the job fair idea:
* Gold sponsors get a booth
* Bronze, silver, gold get a post on a job wall
* Happens on the opening weekend (Sat/Sun)
* Will be located in a seperate room
	-> Do we have one which will not be needed for talks and is
	sufficiently large? I remember only relatively small rooms, but I
	might be mistaken
* Should not be too intrusive
* We want to make clear that we don't want any advertisements for nonfree
  products/it's not about selling stuff

 There are organisational matters as well (we need walls to put up posters
 ,etc), but I think we should first finalize the conceptual part.

Otherwise we're fine with the proposed levels?
Do we want (as azeem suggested) revive the goodie bag thing (I'm in
favour)? Should this be in the broschure?

Should daytrip, C&W, conference dinner appear as extra section in the
broschure to attract sponsors to it?

Timing: I really would like to finalize things till next Thursday as I'll
be leaving for vacation. I *can* (and will if neccessary) do stuff abroad,
but I'd strongly prefer not to ;)

Cheers,
Rhalina

--
rhalina (Franziska Lichtblau)                  rhalina@old-forest.org
                                             lichtblau@cip.ifi.lmu.de

«I refuse to be bound by software I cannot trust and negotiate with.»
                                                    -- Enrico Zini --