Level of displaying sponsorship

Hey folks,

first of all, I don't want to ruffle any feathers here or to talk down the
work already done on the sponsosrship broschure ...or the need for
sponsorship. But... ;)

I'm very unsure if the level of visible incorporation of sponsors into
DebConf proposed in the current draft is really what we want. To illustrate
my concerns I list some points from the current broschure draft:

* having a sponsor opening the conference dinner with a few words
* having a sponsor opening the cheese&wine party with a few words (after an
  opening by christian)
* Incorporating a hardware infrastructure sponsors name into the wifi ESSID
* Having sponsored lottery prices every morning
* ...

I'll not comment on my personal feelings in detail, but my general feeling
is not positive. At the moment I'm not sure if I am oversensitive on this
topic and would like you to look at the current draft of the broschure and
comment on it. Give me a senity check here :)

Cheers,
Rhalina
--
rhalina (Franziska Lichtblau)                  rhalina@old-forest.org
                                             lichtblau@cip.ifi.lmu.de

«I refuse to be bound by software I cannot trust and negotiate with.»
                                                    -- Enrico Zini --