Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

Margarita Manterola dijo [Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 06:30:38PM +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> I think we should go with what has been done in many previous DebConfs:
> food tickets.
>
> I personally hate the paper wristbands, I usually can't stand them for one
> day, I  would go crazy having to wear one for two weeks.

I am completely with Marga here. I have used a wirstband for two weeks
(at Oaxtepec), and for several days on other ocassions. I hate them.

> Tickets are not particularly awesome, but most people handle them alright.
>
> The problem is that in that case we have to pay for not eaten meals. What
> we can do (also done before) is ask people who are not staying for lunch or
> dinner to give up their tickets, so that they can get sold to someone else
> (main target would be passers-by that haven't registered).

Wristbands serve a purpose of identifying people who have /the right/
to have $service during a given time period, but they would not be so
useful in this case: What we need is for the restaurant to tell us,
"your group ate 185 meals". In order to do so, they must keep track of
how many people show up to eat. Having a wristband allows them to know
they have to serve $person but not $otherperson (and then write it
down), but if we need a token food status, we can spare them the
notebook — and us the uncomfortable damn wristband.