Re: How to publish video for everyone [Was: Please do not publish "Debconf from different perspectives" after DebConf]

Hi Andreas (2020.08.29_16:06:32_+0000)
> A totally unrelated question: What transcoding procedures could you
> recomment to make sure a video can be seen flawlessly on phones and
> other systems than Linux.  I had trouble with my own videos - if
> you have some hints - I'd love to learn this (in a smaller To: list
> thought)

Non-trivial question, that.

MDN has some guidance:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Media/Formats
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Media/Formats/Video_codecs

Generally, the most compatible codecs are a little behind the state of
the art in compression.

Peertube is transcoding to h.264 High Profile + AAC LC audio, which is
probably the lowest common denominator. However, these are both
patent-encumbered codecs.

VP8, VP9, AV1 don't have those problems. But aren't quite as widely
supported. (esp AV1 which is still very new).

So, no quick easy answer :)

SR

--
Stefano Rivera