Re: Please do not publish "Debconf from different perspectives" after DebConf

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 12:26:55PM -0300, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
> Em 29/08/2020 09:24, Andreas Tille escreveu:
> > Hi content and video team,
> >
> > today Bárbara and I are active in the event
> >
> >    https://debconf20.debconf.org/talks/24-debconf-from-different-perspectives/
> >
> > It turned out that Bárbara was not aware that all DebConf events were
> > uploaded to the DebConf talks archive for "ethernity".  When I met
> > Bárbara last year at DebConf19 she was wearing a "no photo" button.  I
> > think its a big step for her to come with me "on stage".  I'm very happy
> > about this.  However, she has asked me that the video will be streamed
> > only but not uploaded to the DebConf video archive for public download.
> >
> > I hope you agree with this.  It is a bit like the "Newcomers BoF" on
> > DebConfs where we try to care for some kind of privacy for those who are
> > speaking.  We both discussed it extensively but below you can read the
> > final decision of Bárbara which I would like to respect.  I appreciate
> > Bárbara's courage to be streamed with me and would love to give her time
> > to do the next steps into the wide open possibly in some other event.
>
> This is completely understandable.
> I know people have been gave up to talk because they were worried about
> what other people will say later. I believe we should always welcome
> people don't want their talks be recorded and available later.

In light of this, I've just updated the database so the talk is now
listed in the review system as "ignored". This means it won't be
reviewed, transcoded, or published.

Obviously it will still be streamed live.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard