Re: [Debconf-video] MiniDebConf Prishtina video

On 12/10/17 08:17, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 09:32:46PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

>>> Now that I've imported all the raw assets into the database, I notice
>>> that my guess that the mtimes on the files would be the end time of
>>> their recording seems to be incorrect, too:
>>
>> Actually, nvm, I'm an idiot, you said it's in the metadata, and that's true.
>> Ignore me please :-)
>
> It would have been nice if the timestamps would have been at least remotely
> correct :-(
>
> sreview=> select * from raw_files where room >= 6 order by starttime, room;
>   id  |                         filename                          | room |         starttime          |          endtime
> ------+-----------------------------------------------------------+------+----------------------------+----------------------------
>  2040 | /home/pocock/2017-10-07-prishtina/audio/1507366756539.wav |    7 | 2017-10-07 10:59:16.539+00 | 2017-10-07 13:14:12.939+00
>  2065 | /home/sreview/prishtina/DSC_6640.MOV                      |    6 | 2017-10-07 11:13:07+00     | 2017-10-07 11:18:30.56+00
>
> Yet if I download those files to my laptop and play them, it turns out
> they're within about a minute from one another. SReview does allow you
> to enter A/V sync correction values, but it does so by throwing away a
> bit of content at the beginning of the "pre" recording. This isn't so
> much of a problem if you're only correcting a few seconds (since the pre
> recording is just for context anyway), but in this case we might
> actually be throwing away entire talks. Obviously that's not the idea.
>
> Additionally, neither of the above two lines is correct according to the
> schedule; this is the opening speech, which was scheduled to start at
> 10:30. You did say that you didn't follow the schedule completely, which
> is fine, but this feels odd, and I'd like to make sure that I'm not
> entering the wrong information so that reviewers will really have to do
> a lot of work...
>
> Can you give me an offset for both? That way, I can update the times in
> the database and then hopefully things will look much better.

Are you looking for the offset between the camera and the audio, or the
offset from the schedule?

The event started later than scheduled and finished earlier.  Some talks
were a lot shorter than scheduled, some of them start later than they
should and some start earlier.

Regards,

Daniel