Re: [Debconf-video] MiniDebConf Prishtina video

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 09:32:46PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > > Ah, yes, now that you mention it :-)
> > >
> > > (they're a bit big, but I presume that's because they have milliseconds
> > > in them -- awesome)
> >
> > Now that I've imported all the raw assets into the database, I notice
> > that my guess that the mtimes on the files would be the end time of
> > their recording seems to be incorrect, too:
>
> Actually, nvm, I'm an idiot, you said it's in the metadata, and that's true.
> Ignore me please :-)

It would have been nice if the timestamps would have been at least remotely
correct :-(

sreview=> select * from raw_files where room >= 6 order by starttime, room;
  id  |                         filename                          | room |         starttime          |          endtime
------+-----------------------------------------------------------+------+----------------------------+----------------------------
 2040 | /home/pocock/2017-10-07-prishtina/audio/1507366756539.wav |    7 | 2017-10-07 10:59:16.539+00 | 2017-10-07 13:14:12.939+00
 2065 | /home/sreview/prishtina/DSC_6640.MOV                      |    6 | 2017-10-07 11:13:07+00     | 2017-10-07 11:18:30.56+00

Yet if I download those files to my laptop and play them, it turns out
they're within about a minute from one another. SReview does allow you
to enter A/V sync correction values, but it does so by throwing away a
bit of content at the beginning of the "pre" recording. This isn't so
much of a problem if you're only correcting a few seconds (since the pre
recording is just for context anyway), but in this case we might
actually be throwing away entire talks. Obviously that's not the idea.

Additionally, neither of the above two lines is correct according to the
schedule; this is the opening speech, which was scheduled to start at
10:30. You did say that you didn't follow the schedule completely, which
is fine, but this feels odd, and I'd like to make sure that I'm not
entering the wrong information so that reviewers will really have to do
a lot of work...

Can you give me an offset for both? That way, I can update the times in
the database and then hopefully things will look much better.

Thanks,

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab