Re: [Debconf-video] MiniDebConf Prishtina video

On 10/10/17 08:18, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>>> "flawless autofocus" is a utopia. I have a friend who is a professional
>>> cameraman; he tells me pros never use it, they use manual focus instead.
>>> It's the only way to reliably keep things properly in focus.
>> The challenge with manual focus on a DSLR is that the screen on the back
>> of the camera doesn't give a sharp image even when it is in focus
> Another option could be to use the autofocus to focus on the speaker,
> and then switch it off. It will then remain in focus on the spot where
> it was.

This can be a good option for situations where the speaker can't move a
lot (e.g. they are behind a desk or podium)

> Alternatively, use a smaller crop on the camera (the smaller the sensor,
> the larger the field of view), and use aperture priority mode to get an
> aperture opening that is as small as possible. If you do it right, you
> can get the entire stage set in focus, and you shouldn't need to change
> the focus at all (but you'll need more light to be able to do so).
>
> At any rate though, again, a DSLR isn't the best option to do video
> with. Yes, you can do it, but it's not necessarily the best choice.

Agreed, but DSLR with video capability is very common these days and in
those cases where a full video setup is not available it could be useful
to give people a cheat-sheet for what we've discussed

The upload from Prishtina has finished, it is under

vittoria.debian.org:/home/pocock/2017-10-07-prishtina

I've started to receive slides by email, I'll rsync them to vittoria
when I have the lot.

Can you suggest how volunteers can retrieve and play with these files
now?  I'd like to notify them on the FLOSSK list (Kosovo) and Open Labs
forum (Albania)

Regards,

Daniel