Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconfsubs-team] request for comments: html5 videos and youtube

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
i'm not really happy to see this happening, but I lack the time to do
anything more than writing this email.

This is only speculation on my part, but I have 99% certainty that this channel creation was triggered by this thread and that the uploader is reading

this is the description of the first video uploaded[0]:

"Debconf 9 presentations as discussed on lists.debconf.org
People talking about stuff"

if you google "Debconf 9 presentations as discussed on lists.debconf.org", [0] is the only result

This means that this text was entered by hand and that the uploader knows about debconf mailing lists. This added to the fact that between youtube's creation and today, this channel was created just one day ago... makes me think that I can communicate with the uploader writing on this list

The other speculation is that the uploader intents to profit from this comes from the fact that the uploader has not reply to this thread at all

I dont know what I think about somebody profiting from this, nor how can it be stopped, but if the uploader wants to make my life easier by uploading the videos with proper descriptions and titles and html5-friendly and I can access to this info in an easy way, Im for it

Cheers

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPm7Fz9QRj4