Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] Request for Videoteam Budget increase

Hi,

I want to let debconf rest, but I also think it would be a pity not to share
experience from many years working on several conferences...

On Montag, 11. August 2014, Steve Langasek wrote:
> So, modulo
> doubts about the price of the video converters, and the belief that the
> video team should not have a separate line item for "misc expenses", this
> request has my support.

quite to the contrary I think both the main orga team as well as the video
team should have autonomy over (small) misc expense buffers. Else, some
situations become impossible to handle, or can only be handled like we did it
in the past: "buy/pay this, if we dont get approval in retrospect, I will
personally cover for these expenses. But we need these things and
cannot/shouldnt wait."

Obviously those situations should ideally be avoided / minimized but... not
everything in life is always ideal and so aint running a conference.

P.S.: if you do want to reply, yay, but please do me a favor and carefully
remove me from any cc:s...