Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] Request for Videoteam Budget increase

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:14:13PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 09/08/14 at 23:21 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> > > I don't see any problem here as a Chair, so it is approved from my
> > > perspective, subject to the comments already in this thread that
> > > miscellaneous expenses should be spelt-out or contained in the general
> > > buffer, and that we should of course continue to seek ways to keep
> > > spending to a minimum, such as by borrowing items or finding cheaper
> > > ways to rent them.

> > > As this is a new line item it would be polite to ping the DPL to ask
> > > for either agreement that this isn't a material change from the
> > > previous DPL-approved budget, or a new approval.

> > agreed, adding Lucas via leader@d.o to the loop so he can comment.

> I agree with what Moray said above. Additionally, if there's a need to
> expand the DebConf 14 budget due to unforeseen expenses related to the
> video team needs, I would rather get this request from Steve as he did
> most of the work on the DebConf budget, rather than from the video team
> directly.

Well, budget approval is a chair/DPL function.  I can confirm that we have
the money available in DebConf14's accounts to pay for this without drawing
any additional funds from Debian; and these are clearly necessary expenses
for the conference, that we failed to account for previously.  So, modulo
doubts about the price of the video converters, and the belief that the
video team should not have a separate line item for "misc expenses", this
request has my support.