Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] Request for Videoteam Budget increase

Hi,

On 09/08/14 at 23:21 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Samstag, 9. August 2014, Moray Allan wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 04:18:14PM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > > The DebConf Videoteam requests a budget increase for DebConf 14.
> > >
> > > Shipping cost Chicago <-> Portland of Carl Karsten's gear:        $2000
> > > Rental of screens, projectors and PA speakers for 3 rooms:         $900
> > > Purchase of hdmi to vga converters for presenters' laptops:        $200
> > > Buffer for miscellaneous expenses:
> > > (duct tape, batteries, unexpected/broken stuff, etc)               $500
> > >
> > >                                                                   -----
> > >
> > >                                                            Total: $3600
> >
> > I don't see any problem here as a Chair, so it is approved from my
> > perspective, subject to the comments already in this thread that
> > miscellaneous expenses should be spelt-out or contained in the general
> > buffer, and that we should of course continue to seek ways to keep
> > spending to a minimum, such as by borrowing items or finding cheaper
> > ways to rent them.
> >
> > As this is a new line item it would be polite to ping the DPL to ask
> > for either agreement that this isn't a material change from the
> > previous DPL-approved budget, or a new approval.
>
> agreed, adding Lucas via leader@d.o to the loop so he can comment.

Hi,

I agree with what Moray said above. Additionally, if there's a need to
expand the DebConf 14 budget due to unforeseen expenses related to the
video team needs, I would rather get this request from Steve as he did
most of the work on the DebConf budget, rather than from the video team
directly.

Lucas