Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 07:12:19PM -0600, Carl Karsten wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx> wrote:
> >>
> >> I prefer 1 on a stand for people to queue up to.  keeps things moving,
> >> easier for the AV crew to figure out what mic to bring up and where to
> >> point the camera.
> >
> > I agree with you but this is tricky in Janson.  Especially for people in the
> > centre block.  It is very hard to squeeze out of the long row of seats without
> > inconveniencing everyone between you and the aisle.  I think asking people to
> > get out to ask questions will lead to an impolite premature exodus during the
> > Q&A sessions of the talks.
> >
> > Two microphone stands for questions, one in each aisle, may mitigate (halve?)
> > the problem, but I'm not sure it won't happen...
>
> 2 mics on stands isn't too bad.
>

> >> I have done all 3: 1 mic, 2 mics on a stand, 1 and 2 roving
> >> wireless... roving sucks the most.  IMHO.
> >
> > But does it suck more than a lot of noisy exits?
> >

> I doubt people will leave.   From what you describe it will reduce the
> number of people that bother to ask a question, which is bad, unless
> there are more questions than you have time for, then it is a good
> filter: if you aren't willing to climb over a row of people, your
> question isn't that important :)

Carl, note, Janson is a 1415-seat auditorium. It is *huge*; walking from
the top all the way to the bottom takes several minutes, which is
annoying.

I think having microphones on a stand may work well for smaller places,
but probably not for Janson.

the following formula:

pi zz a