Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

Audio requirements:

Janson:

* speaker mics
* audience mics (2 maybe 3 because of the large room?)
* ambient mics (optional)
* mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 (or 3) + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
* PA

H.1302:

* speaker mics
* audience mics (2)
* ambient mics (optional)
* mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
* PA

H.1308:

* speaker mics
* audience mics (2)
* ambient mics (optional)
* mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
* PA

Ferrer:

* speaker mics
* audience mics (2)
* ambient mics (optional)
* mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
* PA

K auditorium:

* speaker mics
* audience mics (2)
* ambient mics (optional)
* mixer with submixes and 2 + 2 + 2 mic inputs + stereo linein for speaker laptop
* PA

Available equipment (based on http://cte.ulb.ac.be/images/docs/liste_auditoires2011.pdf)

Janson:

* wireless mic
* PA

H.1302:

* wireless mic
* PA

H.1308:

* wireless mic
* PA

Ferrer:

?

K auditorium:

?

Debian equipment:

* 4 audience mics
* 3 speaker mics
* 2 mixers (Xenyx 1202 and Xenyx 1622FX)
* 4 ambient mics

Still needed:

* 6 audience mics
* 3 mixers, preferably 4.
* 6 ambient mics (optional)

Notes:

* we can use the Xenyx 1202 if we don't need ambient mics. There is only 1 main volume control however,
  so the PA volume needs to be controlled externally.

Actions:

* check equipment in Ferrer and K auditorium
* check wiring of mics and PA in all rooms. We have the following requirements:
  * it must be possible to send the mic output to an external mixer
  * it must be possible to provide the input signal for the PA from an external mixer
  * the mic output must not be wired directly to the PA (or at least it must be possible to mute
    that connection)

Cheers,

Peter.