Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On 2012-01-06 13:22:14 (-0600), Carl Karsten <carl@personnelware.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <p2@debian.org> wrote:
> > * audience mics (2 maybe 3 because of the large room?)
>
> I prefer 1 on a stand for people to queue up to.  keeps things moving,
> easier for the AV crew to figure out what mic to bring up and where to
> point the camera.

I agree with you but this is tricky in Janson.  Especially for people in the
centre block.  It is very hard to squeeze out of the long row of seats without
inconveniencing everyone between you and the aisle.  I think asking people to
get out to ask questions will lead to an impolite premature exodus during the
Q&A sessions of the talks.

Two microphone stands for questions, one in each aisle, may mitigate (halve?)
the problem, but I'm not sure it won't happen...

> I have done all 3: 1 mic, 2 mics on a stand, 1 and 2 roving
> wireless... roving sucks the most.  IMHO.

But does it suck more than a lot of noisy exits?

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer