Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx> wrote:
> On 2012-01-06 13:22:14 (-0600), Carl Karsten <carl@personnelware.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <p2@debian.org> wrote:
>> > * audience mics (2 maybe 3 because of the large room?)
>>
>> I prefer 1 on a stand for people to queue up to.  keeps things moving,
>> easier for the AV crew to figure out what mic to bring up and where to
>> point the camera.
>
> I agree with you but this is tricky in Janson.  Especially for people in the
> centre block.  It is very hard to squeeze out of the long row of seats without
> inconveniencing everyone between you and the aisle.  I think asking people to
> get out to ask questions will lead to an impolite premature exodus during the
> Q&A sessions of the talks.
>
> Two microphone stands for questions, one in each aisle, may mitigate (halve?)
> the problem, but I'm not sure it won't happen...

2 mics on stands isn't too bad.

>> I have done all 3: 1 mic, 2 mics on a stand, 1 and 2 roving
>> wireless... roving sucks the most.  IMHO.
>
> But does it suck more than a lot of noisy exits?

I doubt people will leave.   From what you describe it will reduce the
number of people that bother to ask a question, which is bad, unless
there are more questions than you have time for, then it is a good
filter: if you aren't willing to climb over a row of people, your
question isn't that important :)