Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 06:56:53PM +0100, Gabriel Lucas wrote:
> El 27/12/11 17:49, Wouter Verhelst escribió:
> >Fluendo said they will do our streaming, though I haven't gotten final
> >   confirmation for that yet. If they end up unable to do so, there
> >   simply won't be any streaming -- since FOSDEM has never done much
> >   streaming in the past, that won't really be a regression (there was an
> >   experimental stream last year, but I don't think it was advertised
> >   much...).
> In case Fluendo won´t do the streaming, have you think about
> configuring your own streaming server (icecast, red5, ...) o using
> another CDN as giss.tv for example?

No, because that would mean I would need to do it myself, and I don't
expect to have the time. Covering five rooms will be hectic and crazy as
is, I don't need yet more work ;-).

> Have you got some documentation about the needs and how the setup would be?
> How many people do you expect to be watching the streaming?

Some, I hope. Once I get final confirmation from fluendo, I intend to do
a public announcement on the FOSDEM website, so that people will know
about it.

If there isn't going to be any streaming, I won't shed any tears. My
main focus will be to have everything taped and available. Anything else
is 'nice to have, but not strictly necessary'.

the following formula:

pi zz a