Re: [Debconf-video] Video on State of the Map

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 01:36:10AM +0200, Erik Johansson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@zhevny.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 12:51:52AM +0200, Erik Johansson (SOTM) wrote:
> >> Recording is no problem, streaming just wasn't really prioritized. But
> >> since the software side of streaming is ok we just need help
> >> interfacing with the equipment at the conference center. I've just
> >> don't have any idea about what the control room -> computer options
> >> can be. Any info helps really.
> >
> > DV over firewire is easiest, if the control room equipment provides it
> > and your available computers have firewire ports (or can have them via
> > add on cards).
> >
> > Do you know what is available in the control room?
> >

> We do have firewire laptops with software to stream from firewire. But
> since I don't know what's in the control room I need to know the
> options I have besides firewire. Since we are talking with them this
> wednesday it would be great to know what to ask for except firewire,
> e.g. are ther some nice VIDEO in -> firewire converter that is easily
> attainable?

The twinpacts we use for debconf can take in composite, vga and s-video
input and convert it to firewire. I don't know how easily obtainable
they are for you in your timeframe.

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/twinpact100

> Or I can just skip it if they don't have firewire..

I've mostly only used DV myself, so I'm afraid others will have to
answer.

-edrz