Re: [Debconf-video] please provide me with the facts

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:09:05PM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 11:48:26PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> > > 16, see the bottom at
> > >
> > > http://homer.dc7.debconf.org/munin/dc7.debconf.org/VideoSystem.dc7.debconf.org.html
> >
> > Given the number of listeners, it's just possible that this is
> > over-engineered!

One other thought about the numbers: It would be really useful if we
could get the number of unique listeners. That is almost certain to be
higher than the peak numbers. Afaik, we would need access to the icecast
logs from the relays for that. iirc, icecast logs the IPs of listener
connections, so it could at least give us an idea of the unique sites
with one or more viewers.

hmm, thinking further, we might only need access to the admin pages with
perhaps some custom xslt supplied to the relay admins. Sorry I'm not
exactly sure about this stuff, but I do know there is more information
to be had.

-Eric