Re: [Debconf-video] please provide me with the facts

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 16:32 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2007 21:56, martin f krafft wrote:
> > I would like to publish a press release about our video streaming
> > and preparation, and I would appreciate if you could help me by
> > providing the facts, such as:
> >
> >   - how many mirrors are there?
>
> 16, see the bottom at
>
> http://homer.dc7.debconf.org/munin/dc7.debconf.org/VideoSystem.dc7.debconf.org.html

Given the number of listeners, it's just possible that this is
over-engineered!

> >   - what is the amount of data we create each day? in Gb? in hours
> >     of footage?
>
> the hours are in penta, its 13gb raw data per hour (25mbit per sec). we'll
> keep files with 4mbit, 1mbit and 300kbit. we stream with 300kbit.
<snip>

These three levels are "archival", "high" and "low".  The "archival"
files will be retained offline as a basis for transcoding to other
files.  The high- (actually about 1.5 Mbit/s) and low-quality files will
be available for download.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Every program is either trivial or else contains at least one bug