Re: Online-only DebConf20 plans

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 07:38, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> wrote:
Andrew Lee dijo [Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:32:48AM +0800]:
> Hi Daniel and team,
> I'm still surveying on face masks. It's now possible to export medical face
> masks from Taiwan. So that we may have two options:
> 1. Cloth face mask cover that made by cotton(which allows a filter inside).
> 2. Medical face masks with special Debian printing design.

I think option 1 would be much preferable. Medical face masks are
basically single-use (or few-uses, in any case). Cotton+filter can be
washed and used for a long time.

BTW I've been using a multifunctional tubular scarf/bandana as face protection.  While I have not found any options that offer N95 level of protection, the
convenience is really high (goes from face mask to neck scarf or to bandana or to wrist bracelet in a second) and it also allows more design space for
colors and even logos. While the need for face masks might last a while, this kind of thing will be usable in other functions also after that.

Example: https://www.bagsoflove.com/products/multi-wear-tube-scarf

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org