Re: [DebConf18] Extending job fairs to 3 days (Open Day + 2 days in DebConf)

at bottom :-

On 11/05/2018, Yao Wei <mwei@lxde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Taiwan we are pretty used to conferences having sponsors booths lasting
> for 2 days, and our sponsorship tiers are more expensive than other
> conferences in Taiwan. I think that's the reason companies asking why they
> aren't paying for longer job fair.
>
> Also Taiwanese conferences tend to hold events like stamps etc. to let
> attendees better interact with sponsors.  I think it is not so effective to
> our audiences, but just kinda different culture of what our job fair is
> doing.
>
> Yao Wei

Dear Yao Wei,

I have two queries -

a. How many local taiwanese companies are coming to Debconf (as sponsors) ?

It would have been nice if you had shared that. From what I could
find, there are only 3 or 4 if you count fsij as its from japan
(asia).

skymizer, slat , deepin, fsij

b. What is the 'stamps' events that you were talking about ? Is it
something to do
with exchanging 'commemorative stamps'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commemorative_stamp or something else
altogether ?

If it's the same thing, I don't think it would be a bad thing to do or have.

There is another bit of info.or work that probably needs to be looked at -

IF we are going to have the job fair for more than a day then they
would need a place to put up their stuff.

14 companies stuff would take considerable room, perhaps a room for
the sponsors to put their stuff, also they would need security and
perhaps insurance, the last part they would need to work out
themselves. Having security or having a locked room with a CCTV camera
might be good.

In any case, 3 days IMHO is a bit too long, 2 days should be sufficient though.

Another thing to think about, it could set up a precedent which might
be also something
that we might want to avoid.

Thoughts ?

--