Re: [DebConf18] Extending job fairs to 3 days (Open Day + 2 days in DebConf)

at bottom :-

On 10/05/2018, Yao Wei <mwei@lxde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As previously discussed in global team meeting we are extending job fair
> to 3 days, to increase the companies' willness to sponsor.  Please tell
> the news to the sponsors so they can prepare for longer job fair.
>
> We have a concern, that long job fair may make sponsors "feel bored"
> because attendees already know what they are on the first day, unless
> the sponsors are active enough to keep the momentum going, for example,
> if the companies are already part of the community.
>
> Any idea on this?
>
> Best regards,
> Yao Wei

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong. AFAIK Open Day is the same day where also the
day trips are also happening. So an attendee if s(he) chooses to be on
a day trip may probably be not on her(is) best after coming from the
day trip OR s(he) has to choose between the two. This is and would
neither be fair for the attendees nor for the companies.

In the minidebconf which was held last month in my city, COEP (the
university) had job fairs for both days and I personally had more
interesting conversations on the second day with the companies as I
had more time to talk to the companies concerned and they were also
more willing to share what they were working on as most fresher-type
queries were asked and answered on day 1.

>From a company's perspective, they could have small 'events' on their
stall with times and all which could either be shared in the welcome
kit or as a flyer or put in on the board so people could attend if
they find something interesting. So the aspect of 'boring' is reduced.
In fact, if companies shares or shows some of their free software
work, it could make for pretty interesting conversations along with
swags, souvenirs etc.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल