Re: [DebConf18] Extending job fairs to 3 days (Open Day + 2 days in DebConf)

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 12:15:21AM +0800, Yao Wei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As previously discussed in global team meeting we are extending job fair
> to 3 days, to increase the companies' willness to sponsor.  Please tell
> the news to the sponsors so they can prepare for longer job fair.
>
> We have a concern, that long job fair may make sponsors "feel bored"
> because attendees already know what they are on the first day, unless
> the sponsors are active enough to keep the momentum going, for example,
> if the companies are already part of the community.
>
> Any idea on this?

Hi,

For the spacce for job fair, we has booked MIRC-NCTU 1/2 floor from Jul
25 ~ Aug 6, 08:00 ~ 19:00, so it shall be okay for us to have 3 days job
fair. It is also okay if sponsor want to stay in everyday of DebConf. So
for sponsor who want to participate many days, it is okay for us.

However, to avoid sponsor "feel bored", we might need to encourage
people to visit our sponsor's booth, or maybe dedicate a timeframe for
job fair. I am not sure if we want to do this in 3 days.

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) czchen@{czchen,debconf,debian}.org
http://czchen.info/