Re: Photo policy for DebConf

On 2018-08-04 at 13:35:26 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> My take on this? Just take the picture. But, if you take pictures of a
> group, you have the responsibility to review them, and discard any
> pictures that have on them people who have opted out.

Having a list would need that photographers need to be able to be able
to recognise all of the people on the list, and that's pretty hard to
do, especially in the case of people who are not DebConf celebrities.
It's hard to remember what people you don't know well look like,
especially if there are no pictures of them around to be reminded...

Having a lanyard of a different colour would be much easier, of course.

As for the BoF: please consider one thing: being able to see the person
speaking has a HUGE value for people who are hard of hearing; I don't
think that our videos can be followed just by lip reading (often, it's
impossible to get the person on camera when they start to speak), but
having visual cues is very helpful to lower the effort required to
understand speech when hearing is not completely absent but simply
limited.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''