Re: Photo policy for DebConf

Hi!

Gunnar Wolf:
> Aigars Mahinovs dijo [Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 03:36:59PM +0800]:

> So, I think that setting specific areas of the rooms (hacklabs
> included) as "no photo areas" would be workable. Having people get
> color-coded lanyards (specially when using wide lanyards, as we are
> doing this year) also would.

I think this works.

> Going further than that, like suggesting a complete ban of photos in
> common places, is as much as a disrespect as taking photos of a person
> who does not wish to appear in them.

I'd prefer to push for a policy which asks for _consent_ *before* taking
a picture. Note that thish is clearly different from what was stated in
this year's Code of Conduct: "If someone indicates they don't wish to be
photographed, respect that wish." → Here, people do not have to ask for
consent first but may take a picture and then the photographed person
can respond to that.

Furthermore, I would like to see a policy in which BoFs may be
explicitly choses by the participants to be no-photo zones, on top of
being marked as "non-recorded".

Cheers!
Ulrike