Re: DC18 Budget Approval Request

Oops, sorry, the mail below was intended as an out-of-band email to
Chris and the DebConf committee, and ENOTENOUGHCOFFEE hit again :-(

Well, at least that's full transparency :-), so let me rephrase and ask
the questions directly:

1/ regarding the fundraising amounts listed in the budget: are they
amounts that are already committed by sponsors, or amounts that you
expect to receive ? (I *think* I understand that they are already
committed, but I'm not 100% sure)

2/ Regarding that line:
> >         USD -16569.5  Assets:Receivable
(which is the "deficit", that is, incomes - expenses)
Do you have plans to cover this, such as finding additional sponsors,
or should Debian (the DPL) be prepared to fill that deficit using Debian
reserves? As I wrote in the mail below, even if Debian has to cover for
this, I don't think that's a big issue given that the bursaries (=
travel sponsorship) budget is already covered in the budget.

Thanks for the updated budget!

And regarding:
On 17/04/18 at 12:29 +0800, Yao Wei wrote:
> Sorry that I am relatively new to budget stuffs. If any of the items is
> far off the previous DebConf, please tell me and I can try to fix it.

You are doing great, don't worry.

For reference, I'm including below the DC17 generated from the public
data at
https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc17/tree/master/

DC17 budget:
       16,679.41 USD  assets:receivable