Re: [Debconf-team] DayTrip

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 08:54:44PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> [2015-07-27 20:49 +0200]:
> > - The Speyer Tech museum offers a group entrance ticket that includes public
> > transport. Wouldn't this be much nicer and cheaper than renting the bus?
>
> Too late, I am sorry. Also, it's *way* too complex to ferry 150
> people on public transport.

FTR - this was done at DC7 (and DC10, I suppose), and I concur; it's *VERY*
complex to ferry 150 people on public transportation that's meant to
accomodate a handful of passengers traveling together at a time. Public
transportation is fantastic when you're trying to move, maybe up to 20 or 30
people around. When you get into the daytrip numbers, hiring a coach is much
more reasonable.

Seriously, that's an ulcer you want to avoid. Trust me.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net | harmoney@debian.org

At times, you may end up far away from home;
you may not be sure of where you belong anymore.
But home is always there...  because home is not a place.
It's wherever your passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski