Re: [Debconf-team] DayTrip

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 05:05:56PM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
> I've been on holidays last week and I want to prepare for the
> historical tour in the next weeks.
>
> I just sent a mail to Jayanth, who offered help and lives in
> Heidelberg, whether he wants to prepare a hiking route. If everything
> else fails, I'll prepare a hiking route with my bicycle during
> debcamp.
>
> Can you give more details about your proposal "Dilsberg Castle tour"?
> Have you been there? What can people see there?
>
> What do you think about the "beer brewery" option? I like it a lot and
> the visit to the Absinthe distillery during debconf13 had good
> feedback AFAIK.
>
> The beer brewery and the Forrest climbing are the only options that
> need reservation in advance. I don't know when and how we should
> decide to do the reservation and for how many people.

In the last meeting[0] we decided to offer the following options:

* Speyer (Historical Tour / Technic Museum)
* Boat Tour and Dilsberg Castle
* Hiking
* Brewery

Additionally we decided to provide buses at least for Speyer and
Dilsberg and probably also for the beer brewery. madduck tries to obtain
an offer within this week.

I created a new wiki page for the final day trip options[1] and drafted
schedules for the first two options (taking into account your Historical
Speyer Tour). What do you think about it? I will provide more content
within the next days.

Thanks for taking care of the 'Historical Speyer Tour' and 'Hiking'
options. Regarding the 'beer brewery' option, do you know what else can
be done around the 'beer brewery' (apart from the 1h guided tour[2])?
Maybe the beer brewery and hiking options could be merged (with an
additional bus option for the brewery).

Best regards

Hannes

[0] http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf15-germany/2015/debconf15-germany.2015-07-13-19.01.txt