Re: [Debconf-team] Plan to organise a one-day workshop pre-DebConf

On 07/16/2015 08:49 PM, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Zlatan Todoric <zlatan@riseup.net> [2015-07-16 20:28
> +0200]:
>>> 1. to differentiate it from a free offering, since — and we
>>> all know this — something that's free cannot be as good as
>>> something that one has to pay money for.
>>
>> Well, not all. You see, I am a Debian user and although it
>> primarily is Free (as in freedom) it's also free (as in beer)
>> but still it's a lot better then alternatives for which I would
>> need to pay money for.
>
> Sorry, I was trying to be funny taking a stab at the corporate
> world. You know, "enterprise ready"

And yet, I got your joke but tried to respond in funny/ironic way to
show you how it can be *less* helpful for you cause :)

>>> 2. to raise funds for DebConf.
>>
>> Didn't knew you can raise money for DebConf at ~DebCamp time.
>
> There are more things in heaven and earth… ;)

Indeed there are.

Anyway, in my personal view, I think this spoils my "community"
picture of DebConf and if people really want to learn about Debian
they will stumble at our Freedom part very quickly (to counter the fee
part again :P). On the other hand, such things could benefit Debian in
capitalistic way (more Debian jobs etc) so I think in broader way it's
good but you really needed to mention this way earlier if you wanted
it to be "close" to DebConf.

Cheers,

zlatan
--