Re: [Debconf-team] Plan to organise a one-day workshop pre-DebConf

On 14/07/15 18:21, martin f krafft wrote:

> All of the organisation is independent of DebConf15 (i.e. finances
> are separate, we've booked a room with the hostel, etc.), but we're
> obviously hoping to advertise this in the context of DebConf15.

While this workshop might be very useful for the businesses you are
targeting, it is not a part of DebConf: it has not been organised by us,
and the fact that it is charging a fee might be misinterpreted, because
DebConf is open to everybody and fees are only voluntary.

I'd add that it might be even be dangerous for our sponsors to think
that it is part of DebConf, as they are giving us the money that allows
us to offer a week-long conference for free.

I already feel pretty disappointed that this is happening in such
proximity to DebConf (and specially DebCamp), and therefore being
implicitly associated with the conference. We can't stop you from doing
it, but DebConf has nothing to do with it, nor wants to. So, please,
don't put any reference to it in the DebConf website or any other
DebConf materials.

This is not a chairs opinion, but a personal one.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)