Re: [Debconf-team] Plan to organise a one-day workshop pre-DebConf

Hi

For what it's worth, bearing in mind that I am new to DebConf, I think
this is a good idea, and I would like to know more about how the first
workshop went, and if it happens again in August, how that one went.
(I have not replied privately before)

My thoughts:

Stating explicitly that this is independent is needed, just to cover
bases. On the other hand I see no problem with it being associated
with DebConf. It's Debian associated, and a conference-related
activity.

Why is the fee required? Obviously to cover costs, but seen from the
outside - how does it justify it in terms of DebConf? I would imagine
that businesses would want a different setup, perhaps confidential and
this would imply a cost?? Otherwise just to select against people
'just showing up'?

This would have been better received if it was communicated in detail
to the wider team earlier - which we should address for future cases.

best regards
Bernelle