Re: [Debconf-team] Conf dinner logistics challenge

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> [2015-07-10 10:15 +0200]:
> Everything's in Git. Currently we have 7 busses reserved at 290 €
> each including the return journey.

Wtf, I have no idea why this e-mail only just went through the list.
That explains a bit why I could not find it and why people didn't
know the details last night. Sorry about that.

Anyway, further to last night's meeting, I managed to arrange for
2 more busses and am on the waiting list for a 10th.

I did have to commit to the reservation for 7 meanwhile.

Each bus is the same: 290 €. At the moment, we have 7, but I am also
told that while they have 20 seats, they are the same sort of busses
used for public transport allowing people to stand.

So we can probably easily ferry 25 people per bus, or 175 per tour.
Add a bit of a buffer and we can safely assume that we can ferry 335
people with two runs.

If the weather is good, I assume that the rest will just walk the
whole 5 km to the venue.

If the weather's bad, a few busses can go on a third run.

I actually do *not* think we need the additional busses (more than
7), but if people are uneasy about the transport solution, we can
get them. We can afford it and it'll certainly ease the situation.

The construction site is said to be closing already and the operator
is confident that things aren't going to be so bad. We can decide
short-term on the route, depending on how things actually pan out.
And we will have permission to go through the hospital.

Hope this helps. Please advise by Friday on whether I should book
the additional busses.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org