Re: [Debconf-team] Conf dinner logistics challenge

also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2015-07-10 09:59 +0200]:
> BTW on your original mail you forgot to include much relevant
> information, so that whole team can make a choice:
>
> - What are the prices of the various options?

Everything's in Git. Currently we have 7 busses reserved at 290 €
each including the return journey.

When considering this in the context of the budget, please don't
forget the increased attendees count.

> - What about the return journey?

Traffic will be much less and we have more time / less pressure. The
idea is that busses are available from 21:00 and each 20 seater just
leaves when full and then comes back, until the last tour at 23:00
(maybe 22:45).

> - Special needs and special transport? [do we need to bring
> material?]

The busses are used in public transport and so can take wheelchairs.

There is also the possibility to hire a taxi for this, they have
vehicles.

> - are there parking near the restaurant? Some people could reach
> the conf dinner with cars (bikes [with and without built-in
> motor]), lighting the problem.

There is plenty of parking. However, my goal is specifically to
avoid individual transport, and if only because it *adds* to the
traffic problem, creates complexity and is neither ecological nor
economical.

> - When (what times) there is traffic problem?  Could we delay conf
> dinner?

16:30 – 18:00. We need 1.5–2 hours to get everyone up. Conf dinner
right now starts at 19:00 and I don't think we can delay it by much
more than half an hour.

> - Content team (/scheduler) are aware about slot restrictions late
> Thursday?

Yes.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`