Re: [Debconf-team] Deadline (Re: Collaboratively drafting the next DebConf delegation)

On 20/10/2015 22:01, Steve Langasek wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 07:27:54AM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
For the record. I am completely opposed to these changes and put forth
as an alternative the text of the original delegation from 2011. [1]

I agree with this, and with the objections to the process by which this
proposal has been drafted.

I objected to the process during the process and was told that it was noted, but I didn't see a note about it on the titanpad or anywhere else, so I'm re-iterating that here for the record.

Regarding the text in the mail Brian linked[1]: "The main responsibility of the DebConf chairs is to act as a liaison between the Debian Project and the DebConf organization." - it almost makes it sound like DebConf and Debian are still two different organisations, but I suppose other than that the gist of the intention behind it is good. The link in that mail[2] seems to have been deleted or doesn't exist otherwise.

-Jonathan

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/03/msg00005.html
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebconfChairs