[Debconf-team] Deadline (Re: Collaboratively drafting the next DebConf delegation)

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:49:11PM +0200, Daniel Lange wrote:
> Dear team,
> Please contribute your ideas / changes / amendments within the next two
> or three weeks. Edrz extended the deadline to 16.11.2015 so that we
> should have sufficient time for discussion. I hope that we can come up
> with one joint proposal for a delegation letter draft for the DPL from
> DebConf as a whole.

It's impossible for me to have extended a deadline that had not yet been
announced. I don't consider it appropriate for the drafters to set a
deadline nor for me to do so.

Daniel mentioned the titanpad draft yesterday on irc around 20:30 UTC.
AFAIK this was the first public mention that a draft was in progress.
The titanpad timeline shows it has been discussed at least since
2015-10-08. By version 42 we have mention of a private email from
Bernelle:

https://titanpad.com/ep/pad/view/DC16-draft-delegation-proposal/rev.42

Before that it is impossible to tell how long this has been in the
works. An undisclosed group have been corresponding in private about
this draft for at least 12 days _and_ proposed to give anyone they
excluded only 2 weeks to respond, contribute or create a counter
proposal. You have given yourselves an unfair head start on anyone who
might disagree with you.

I objected to the 2 weeks and was told "it's a titanpad, change it" so I
added 2 weeks, which is my sole contribution. Maybe 4 weeks from now is
fine, maybe it's too long, maybe it's not long enough. A deadline needs
to be set, but not by me and not by the drafters.

-edrz

(more to come in separate mails about transparancy and the actual
substance of the draft(s))