[Debconf-team] Collaboratively drafting the next DebConf delegation

Dear team,

as you may be aware the DebConf chairs have resigned two weeks ago.
I have had many discussions before and during DC15 with chairs and other long time DebConf contributors about how to improve the DebConf organization. I also moderated a sprint during DC15 that (to me) showed the chair system itself (not the persons serving as chairs) has inherent issues that we should address. Neil supports the team to come up with a governance proposal for him to consider when issuing an updated DebConf delegation.

As of today (aka my back in the office and before leaving again deadline), there are two proposals that people came up with to provide some initial thoughts for the discussion in the DebConf team:

Alternative I: Two delegates (Controller and Continuity), very clear responsibilities, election after initial delegation terms end
https://titanpad.com/DC16-draft-delegation-proposal
(between the ===snip marks===, the rest is from an initial braindump I kept it for transparency and to have reminders but not as an easily consumable narrative)

Alternative II: DebConfX committees to be elected (for bid decisions) and Controller for each DebConf
https://titanpad.com/DC16-draft-delegation-proposal-alternative

You can see some cross-pollination happened there already but I find these proposals are distinct enough to ask you to read both (the second one was just submitted today).
If you feel you can improve something in one or both of them, please do!
Please mark your comments with [nick] so we can more easily track changes. Using Titanpad easily gets a bit chaotic otherwise. If you would like to propose something completely different than the ideas on each Titanpad, please talk to us during the DebConf team meetings (Wed. 18:30 UTC, #debconf-team on oftc) or reply to this email (but do put your comments on the Titanpads as well).

Please contribute your ideas / changes / amendments within the next two or three weeks. Edrz extended the deadline to 16.11.2015 so that we should have sufficient time for discussion. I hope that we can come up with one joint proposal for a delegation letter draft for the DPL from DebConf as a whole.

Kind regards,
Daniel