Re: [Debconf-team] Patch to DebConf orgateam structure

Hi Jergas,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 03:05:55PM -0400, Jergas Apwith wrote:

> Since I find both positions valid and valuable, I propose some sort of
> synthesis. Maybe a subgroup of the unified global/local team. Also, a clear
> policy/roadmap for new or local volunteers to join the organization, one
> which both makes them feel welcome and lets them go only as deep as they
> feel comfortable, and maybe also some sort of mailing list and/or irc
> channel special for these volunteers which could be gatewayed/bridged into
> the standard ones.

I like your ideas.

Maybe what we lack is a "Welcome team" for DebConf orga. And this is an issue
for new contributors to the team, being them local or not.

A clear policy/roadmap would definitely help, as well as having people around
paying attention and replying those "I want to help but I don't know why"
messages. Also, having a separate IRC channel and mailing list for volunteers
that don't want to go deep into dc orga discutions but what to help with specific
tasks seems like a good thing to me, and I think Marga's and Bernelle's concerns
would be addressed here.

And as people get more involved and want to contribute even more, they could
subscribe do debconf-team and eventually join a specific team.

How do the other folks feel about it?

Cheers,

Tassia.