Re: [Debconf-team] Patch to DebConf orgateam structure

HI,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Tassia Camoes Araujo <tassia@debian.org> wrote:
> About localteam: we were open to nominate the localteam in the teams structure,
> since it was a strong request from dc15 people, though dc16 team prefers to
> work without the local/global split. There are some tasks and responsibilities
> that will clearly be performed by the local organizers, but they prefer to do
> it within the previously defined teams. Of course this can be re-discussed for
> future years.

DC16 team, can you please elaborate on this?  I've been a fierce
supporter of the existence of the local team, as it gives people that
are local and are new to DebConf a space to which they can feel like
they belong and in my experience it makes for a much better DebConf if
there's an involved local team.  I'd like to hear your reasons for not
wanting a local team.

Thanks.

--
Regards,