Re: [Debconf-team] [Coordination] Timeline changes proposal for DC16

also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2015-08-25 11:35 +0200]:
> Most of people with pre-registration are sponsored people. Other
> people tend to register late, many non-sponsored attendes also
> after (old) "reconfirmation" (and this was one source of
> complain). This is true especially for professional which are not
> 100% sure to attend. I tried hard to convince some of them to
> register as earlier as possible.

Registering early should be in everyone's interest, because we
reserve the right to close registrations, at least we are now able
to consider this possibility (and people have witnessed it at DC15,
albeit we could have done better).

And to prevent people from just "vanity registering" and then not
showing up, we should introduce a cost, which need not be monetary
and requires a lot of thinking. But this is a different topic.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17