Re: [Debconf-team] Drinking water in HD

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 04:43:32PM +0200, Richard Hartmann wrote:

> > and having experienced plenty of US restrooms that stated "non potable
> > water" on their taps.)

> Is that really the case, though? Or do they just label it to avoid
> lawsuits/people drinking free water? Maybe in places where they purify
> it locally, if those exist?

It's usually a difference of the plumbing being up to code, not a difference
of the water source.

For a European example, on my last trip to Malta, restaurants in town would
not serve me tap water when asked.  The water supply for the island is
potable, but much of the plumbing is old and not clean.  So they served
Nestlé water instead.