Re: [Debconf-team] Drinking water in HD

martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:

> Folks,
>
> it seems impossible to rent a drinking fountain to be directly
> connected to a water tap for such a short period as our conference,
> and the youth hostel won't invest in them.
>
> So unless we want to expect our attendees to refill their bottles
> (which have been ordered) in the bathrooms (we could do that…),

What's wrong with that? This looks like the most ecological and cost
effective solution to me. After all the water in the tanks is basically
the same (at least quaility wise) I'd expect.

Even better would be a sink that's a bit larger than the usual standard
bathroom sink so you can even completely fill larger bottles. These
often don't fit under the tap of a bathroom sink and thus can only be
filled about 2/3. But I don't think we should spend more than 3k € just
because of this.

If people for some reason don't want to drink tap water they can always
buy their own bottles.

Gaudenz