Re: [Debconf-team] Question to Cape Town team: transportation to/from the venue

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 4:16 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
also sprach Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org> [2015-01-27 15:05 +0100]:
> That sounds a good idea. Interested people would definitely be
> able to organize shifts in the wikipage once we have some cars
> available. This has happened with private attendees cars in the
> past.

I am afraid no global rental car company will enter such a deal for
insurance reasons, so either you find a local one or, uh, buy a few
cars and prepare to sell them after the conference ;)

I was more thinking people who want to rent their own cars, rent it in their own name, and we can reimburse fuel or so on. The deal with the rental company may be a discount for debconf attendees - but they get rented so often I'm not sure they'd need the marketing, but one can try.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  DebConf orga team