[Debconf-team] DC15 - Prices and deals for non-sponsored attendees

Hi!

One of the things that we need to agree on before opening registration
is attendee categories and prices for each of this.

The hostel has agreed to handle the money for us.  So any registered
non-sponsored attendee will just arrive to the hostel on their arrival
day, and pay to the hostel the amount for their stay plus any
appliable conference fees.  They will not need to pay in advance, and
they'll be able to pay by cash or card (we should ask which).

The cost for lodging+food for one person, from Sat 15th till Sun 22nd
is EUR 270.
Or EUR 300 if they stay since Friday.

For the conference fees, in the past years we've charged:
DC14: Professional: 200 USD, Corporate: 500 USD
DC13: Professional: 200 CHF, Corporate: 500 CHF

Given that this is ON TOP of the price, I don't think going for the
same number in EUR is a good idea, i.e. I think asking Professionals
to pay a total of EUR 500 is going to deter people from paying the
fee... This is a hard exercise, we need to balance how much people are
willing to pay with how much we would like to receive. I propose we
lower the numbers a little, encouraging people to pay.

My proposal is to have 5 categories:

* Corporate: lodging+food (charged by the hostel per day of stay) + EUR 400
* Professional: lodging+food (charged by the hostel per day of stay) + EUR 150
* Self-paid: lodging+food (charged by the hostel per day of stay)
* Semi-sponsored: EUR 150
* Sponsored: EUR 0

Maybe we need nicer names for self-paid and semi-sponsored... Any ideas?

I'd like to make self-paid the default when signing up, and have
information to attendees about the categories with a message
encouraging those who can pay to pay (something along the lines of:
"There's a limit to the amount of attendees that we can sponsor,
paying for your stay if you can afford it means other in need may get
to come").

Apart from this, I'd like to give some kind of recognition to anybody
that helps pay for DebConf.  Some token of appreciation according to
the amount they gave.  For semi-sponsred or self-paid it could be a
debian sticker with a value of 1 or 2 EUR.  For prof and corp, it
could be something with a value of 5 EUR or so (a mug maybe?), plus
having their name and their company names in a webpage in the
website...

What do you all think about this?

--
Besos,