Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 - Prices and deals for non-sponsored attendees

Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> writes:

> My proposal is to have 5 categories:
>
> * Corporate: lodging+food (charged by the hostel per day of stay) + EUR 400
> * Professional: lodging+food (charged by the hostel per day of stay) + EUR 150
> * Self-paid: lodging+food (charged by the hostel per day of stay)
> * Semi-sponsored: EUR 150
> * Sponsored: EUR 0

I'd prefer to completely separate the hostel cost and any conference
fee. This gives attendees the maximum flexibility, and may also make
accounting easier for corporate/institutional accounting offices (most
conferences don't include housing in the registration fee).  In
particular, I think people paying corporate fees are more likely to want
to stay off site.