[Debconf-team] DebConf governance (Re: About the DC15 entity and authority (was: DebConf 15 Legal Entity)

Hi,

[mostly madduck and aba were discussing some details about german association
law and power structures...]

which reminds me of a problem / contradiction we had at DebConf13...:

- there is a legal entity, which claims to be responsible to be dealing with
all the money and expensives and holding the conference... said association.

- and there is, "a Debian entity", these DPL delegated chairs which according
to the delegation are responsible how Debian assets are handled.

These two can contradict each other, up to the point were I felt useless as
chair as I was told (by a dc13 board member none the less) that the dc13 board
had the final say anyway.

_Not_ just saying... this heavily (de)motivated and (de)motivates my
motivation to be a DebConf chair... when I'm not demotivated about this I
rather think like in http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-
meetings/2013/debconf13/high/1089_debconf_governance.ogv - the slides of that
bof are attached here.

cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: maybe I should have cc:ed -project@ instead of just leader@...